Archive for September, 2008
At last, “The Questors from Effpiem” continues! Two moves in the same month and a new occupation kept this episode from debuting in August, but the Deadpan Ambassador will not be deterred from finishing what she started!
This episode runs so long (17:36) that it had to be split up over two episodes of the Deadpan Podcast. The first part is in Jack Mangan’s Deadpan #106: Three Stories. Look for the conclusion of Episode 2 in an upcoming episode of the Deadpan. Jack cut it at the perfect moment, too. The upshot of his editing is that I just cliffhangered my listeners for the first time, and I didn’t even do it intentionally! Cool! Thank you, Jack!
About This Episode
Having left their original campsite behind, the questing party stops for the night at the home of Andrea and Hugh, a pair of mated demons known as the Sophia Pulchra. Over dinner, the guests learn that the two demons and their apprentices act as caretakers and catalogers of beauty and wisdom. During the night, John Boze hears a faint, pulsating humming coming from somewhere in the house, and is seized by a sudden, mysterious surge of curiosity…
- Ed from Texas as Himself
- Ryah Deines as Ryah
- Justa J0e as Himself
- Paul Maki as John Boze
- Jack Hosley as WNDRWolf
- Opening Theme: “Journey’s End,” Guardian Mind Mix
- The Dining Room: “Falling Pieces,” For Enemies Of Reason
- The Art Collection: “The Love Temple,” Matt Mango
- The Humming Sound: “The Messenger,” The Groove Mine
All of these songs except “The Love Temple” are available at the Podsafe Music Network.
- Footsteps: “HighHeelsWendyQuick.mp3,” contributed by acclivity
- Ravens’ wings: “wing_flaps_layered,” contributed by martian
- The reference to the rabbit of Caerbannog and the appearance of the blue bird leg were suggested by Ryah and Paul Maki, respectively, via email. (Thanks!)