Archive for July, 2008
To celebrate the 100th episode of Jack Mangan’s Deadpan Podcast, a group of its longtime listeners and contributors recorded a fan-created episode. I was asked to contribute some audio fiction, and I did.
“The Questors From Effpiem” is a serialized fantasy story starring members of the community over at the Deadpan Podcast. Deadpan Episode 100 showcases the strength of our community as well as celebrating our host, and the members and spirit of the podcast and its community inspired this story. I am very excited to announce that the first of my story’s six episodes was released today as part of the Deadpan Podcast’s celebratory 100th episode. I’m flattered that it’s at the end of the episode. Subsequent episodes of the story will be released in future episodes of the podcast.
About This Episode
Seven citizens of the land of Effpiem have set out on a quest to recover lost knowledge. After dinner goes horribly wrong, they encounter a friendly psychopomp who tells them they must complete an additional task, but also provides them with a shortcut to their destination.
- Jack Hosley as WNDRWolf
- Jeremy from Seattle as Himself
- Justa J0e as Himself
- Ed from Texas as Himself
- Rhettro as Jack Mangan, the Death of Pans (we surprised the real Jack Mangan with this episode, so I couldn’t ask him to record lines for it)
- Ryah Deines as Ryah
- Paul Maki as John Boze
- Opening and Ending Theme: “Journey’s End,” Guardian Mind Mix
- Battle Music: “New Wave of Terror,” Alter Der Rune
- Travel to the Underworld: “Spirit Man,” Matt Mango
The first two of those songs are available at the Podsafe Music Network. (The other one has been played on the Deadpan Podcast many times before.)
- Forest Background Sounds: “evening in the forest,” uploaded by user reinsamba
- Campfire Sounds: “Fire Burning v2,” uploaded by user pcaeldries
Images and Ideas:
- The notion of Jack Mangan as the Death of Pans is not mine. It originates from Cheyenne Wright’s drawing of Jack.
- Justa J0e contributed the joke about Metallica.